WHAT WE BELIEVE!
1. All Scripture is verbally inspired and infallible truth for faith and practice. In English, the word of God is verbally preserved in the Authorized Version. We use only the King James Version for the edification ofthe saints. II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21, Matthew 24:35, Matthew 5:18, Psalm 119:89-91.
2. There is one living and true God, who exists in three Persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God. This God created the universe in six literal days and sustains it by His sovereign power. Exodus 20:11, I John 5:7, Matthew 28:19,20, Isaiah 9:6.
3. Jesus Christ, God the Son, was born of a virgin, died on the cross a sinless, substitutionary, sacrifice for the sins of the world, making atonement by His shed blood. Christ rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven. He is Lord. Matthew 1:18-25, Isaiah 7:14, Romans 3:23-28, Matthew 28:1-6, Acts 1:9-11.
4. Jesus Christ will return. First, Christ comes in the clouds resurrecting the dead in Christ and rapturing the alive in Christ pre- tribulation. I Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 3:10, Luke 21:36. Secondly, Christ returns post tribulation in power and great glory to judge and rule the world for 1,000 years. Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:11-20:6.
5. All men inherit a sin nature from their parents and choose to act sinfully demonstrating their need for salvation or retribution. Exodus 20:1-1-17, Romans 3:9-19, Ephesians 2:1-3.
6. We are saved and justified when we repent and believe the gospel; that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again for our justification. Mark 1:15, Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30, Acts 20:21, Romans 4:25, I Corinthians 15:1-4.
7. Many professors of Christ apostacize. But the regenerated are sealed by the Spirit of God, kept by the power of God and are eternally secure. Matthew 7:21-23, II Peter 2:1-22, II Corinthians 1:22, John 3:16, John 10:27-29, Romans 8:38-39.
8. Those who are saved should join the membership of a Bible believing church and should faithfully attend for edification and support the ministry by tithes and offerings. God en-gifts the saved with spiritual gifts for service through the local church. Church members should consistently observe two , ordinances that depict the gospel: Baptism by immersion of only believers and the Lord's Supper. Acts 2:41-42, I Corinthians 11:23-32, Matthew 28:19,20.
9. The Bible teaches eternal life and blessedness in heaven with rewards for the saved. John 14:6, Ephesians 2:7. It also teaches the eternal punishment of the unsaved in fiery torments of Hell. Luke 16:19-31, Revelation 20:10-15.
10. The grace of God teaches the saved to live, "soberly righteously and godly", to love the Father and not the things in the world and to be separate from the world unto God. Titus 2:11-15, I John 3:15-17, II Corinthians 6:14-17